Friday, October 2, 2015

Resetting goals

I was inspired by this Yoda comment that I read recently.



Profound hey! So, a saving we are.

That quote & a related article I read has inspired me to be more deliberate with our finance. Here is a link to the article,  http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-finance/news/article.cfm?c_id=12&objectid=11328011

I shall increase the monthly amount we contribute to our Super account, by 'our' I mean my husbands as I don't have a taxable income & therefore don't qualify to contribute to my super account, or so I believe.

We are also saving for Christmas (2016 & beyond) , family holidays & to have funds to repair & replace items about the house. We replaced the overn & dishwasher this year from our limited funds & therefore limited options.

So how do I plan to achieve these goals? Hmm

  1. Using this affirmatin from Suze Orman
  2. (having trouble removing the number bullets)
  1. Adding little saved amounts to the online savings account as they happen. I have $13.76 there already by doing this.
  2. Not giving up
  3. Being realistic about how long it may take & not getting discouraged.
  4. Adding 'found' money, like insurance refunds & once off things etc.
  5. Adding a regular amount by direct debit yet not leaving ourselves short.

Nothing earth shattering on that list but the target is set & now we get into the work off making it a reality. I used to think goals were achieved a lot simpler than through the choices we make each day yet it is quite liberating to realise that it is how goals become reality as that puts me in a position of power. Agree? Our last saving effort was mainly achieved frm windfalls & this time I want the satisfaction of making it a reality from our regular single income, maybe just to prove to myself that we can.



What target is in your sights?





No comments:

Post a Comment