Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Today I

Its almost July and we have realised that our house is too big, the yard reqires too much maintenence and the mortgage really is more than we can afford. We came to this realisation last Friday and after discussing it with my husband and sleeping on it we are both agreed we need to downsize. This blog will be our journey from our too big time to debt free living. Yes I hope to continue this blog as we journey to completing the Dave Ramsey Babysteps, as outlined in the Total Money Makeover. We are currently on Babystep 3 having begun in October last year.

Today I used a 4 cent voucher to dave myself $1.15 on fuel. I ate up the meat with the shortest use by date. Fed the cat the fluid from the meat wrapper & saved the carrot peel to make her (Molly the cat) stew that she eats. I also made a gift bag using a local paper & some stickers my boys didn't want for my great neices 2nd birthday in about 10 days. I wrote down my spending in a book. I booked my boys into a $2 holiday activity at the local library and a free one also.

My goal is to create a sense of progress as I blog about our journey to debt free living and have a place to record & celebrate all the small steps we take to get there.

We are a family of 5. My husband & myself, 2 boys aged 5 and 7 and a cat.

We currently live in a large house, over 0 squares on 1/3 of an acre and are about to

No comments:

Post a Comment