Friday, April 11, 2014

No. 4 Efforts in money saving aka Non Spending!

This week has been busy.
Kids are home on holiday from school & we have had rain! Lots of rain.



My efforts this week includes;

Staying with relatives for a short break!
It sure was cheap, I didn't open my purse at all! Yet it meant we all came home really tired due to the sleeping arrangements. No complaints though as our hosts were so generous.

Hubby sourced a free sewing machine. He mentioned to friends that he was on his way to buy a new machine to replace my broken one & they gave us their extra one. Bonus! Now I have a functional sewing machine again at no cost.

I was given some postage stamps, a lot of them. This shall save me on writing letters, which I love to do, & have numerous penpals around the place. I may need to spend 10 cents instead of 70 to post each letter, but how good is that to get a free roll of stamps!

Bacon! It was on special while I was away so hubby bought us 10kgs to last a while. I'll portion it out & freeze it Sunday, I love bacon.


Now to keep the birthday party on budget this week & get the house in order, again. I'd like to do some more decluttering as my Aunt had loads of clutter about & being in a cluttered environment always makes me crave clear space.
I love counters with nothing on them, what do you love in your home environment?

Happy non spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment