Monday, February 18, 2013

"I back to dreaming and thinking that we could possibly live debt free, 

totally debt free. "

Our only debt is our mortgage at the moment so we are one debt away from our goal. 
It happens to be a very big step but it is still only one step.


So what are we doing today as a tiny step to achieve this goal?

Good question! We are eating at home, growing food, looking to sell items we no longer use or need, finding ways to make possessions last longer and making do with what we have!
Specifically today I did some surveys on Pure Profile, I usually cash out $25 a month.
Ysterday I was on My Opinions and I'm daily on Rewards Cental but am yet to make a redemption from them, but I am close to being able to redeem $100, about which I am very excitied. So excited that I'd like to turn that into shares!

This gets me to my new confusion. 

Do we continue to follow Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover or do we follow Scott Papes Barefoot Investor plan? I would like to be investing now, especially after reading the barefoot newsletter last Friday, and not slogging away attempting for our 2nd year to build a fuly funded emergency fund. It just isn't very fast or sexy or fun. I want action, achievement and a sense of progress and I'd like to be buying some shares.

I'm really just thinking out loud.

We follow the Dave Ramsey plan as we, my husband & I, have not been wise with our money in the past. I read and enjoy Scott Pape's stuff, its Australian and relevant and is often about current issues, an he writes well. Do we really need to follow an experts plan or could we follow our own? We do follow our own to some degree anyway, but could we sit down and write out a plan for ourselves an goals that we'd like achieve and set about achieveing it. Do we have the courage to tread our own path?

Anyway, we are off to pick wild blackberries for jam! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment