Monday, February 25, 2013

It's almost the end of...

Its almost the end of...

the month. I like the end of the month as that is when interest appears in the bank account, both from us and to us. I also get to make a new budget which perversely I enjoy, especially if we have funds to budget. Its more fun than budgetting imaginery money.


Its almost the end of...

Summer. It has seemed a long hot Summer. We have had a long dry stretch that has left the earth here parched. It is raining today so Summer will end a little less dusty. Maybe the kookaburras will replace the magpies in our yard again.



Its almost the end of...

the Business Course that I am doing. It finishes next season and there is some work to go but it started last Autumn and I have been learning lots of useful things. I have especially enjoyed meeting with grown ups each fortnight.


It is almost the end of...

our being in the three thousands for our emergency funds. I am planning on getting to 4K in March. Having started our emergency fund in 2011 I feel like we are making snails pace progress. We have even gone forward and backward a number of times. Or worse still, I got discouraged and stopped even trying to make progress.



Yesterday I did the grocery shopping and put cash into the various envelopes. The enveloe system is working well for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment