Friday, June 20, 2014

This weeks efforts

Well I have been having a niggly health issue & have been awol.

Still plugging away at our budget & have not had a blow out, which is an achevement.

This month we put $500 into my super & I have been putting money aside for Dh's annual membership for golf (which is also his exercise, sanity & social life).

I have completed some sessions with a psychologist and am needing another appointment with the nueroligist, new shoes and maybe even new orthotics.

July is a 3 morgage payment month, which is always a stretch.

We have clawed $200 ahead in the previous months by scrimping here & there and that, added with any June leftovers, should see the July budget work. I hope.

I have already been playing with the figures for 2 months knowing we had extra expenses in July.

It is also my birthday in July & I would like the bathroom completed. It needs to be painted and silicone around the shower base. Dh says its a weekend job. I shall call the handyman Monday to get a quote as hubby is non-commital, unfortuneately.

Tonight we contemplated dinner out, it would have been a take away type meal, yet I found some pork chops in the fridge that needed to be cooked. Then I considered dessert out but the natives were happy with a microwave chocolate pudding. I call that a win!

I am waiting to see what exactly is the fallout from the federal budget here in Australia, I'd like to know for planning purposes.

July is the month I begin saving for our rates, I have not done this before & am quite pleased with myself for coming up with it.

Small things amuse me & keep me happy, I like progress.

Happy saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment