Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22nd

There has been no interest in our house, I waiver between liking that & wanting a smaller scale version.

I have been doing a little gardening which enjoy but which makes me feel attachment to the yard. The yard is fabulous & one of the reason we bought in the firt place. Time will tell.

I am up to the final part of the Tightwad Gazette, what a big fat informative book that is.. It certainly has helped (re)shape my thinking & spending. I also purchased Stop Acting Ricj by Thomas Stanley, I got the kindle version for under $9, and what little I have read had been challenging. I love it!

Bought some reduced turkey wings & made up some cat stew with them. I reckon I should use reduced meat most of the time, would have to work out cheaper. nothing compromised on quality either I can just make it up & then freeze it for future use. I made up 3 lots today, so I have one in the fridge & 2 in the freezerwhich I feel good about.

Have a childs birthday on the weekend & have an item of the boys as the gift. I was feeling really good about it & then another invite arrived today, looks like I may have to buy a gift...but I have time to think.

Has been a good month for low grocery totals but we have more than mad eup for it with the health budget. Those appoitments cost money and health is so precious, what can one do?

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment