Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New Month

It is August, and I find myself crossing off the months as we get paid monthly!

Today I bought shampoo & conditioner it cost $50. That may sound a lot but it lasts us over months for a family of 4. It is lavender which I love. The market stall holder even threw in 2 free lavender soaps, one for me and one for my heart sister! I posted it this afternoon, finally a gift is on its way!

I also found a singlet top and a lovely skirt at an op shop for $1 each. They fit, but I'm not usually a wearer of skirts due to unshaven legs and lace up shoes (as I have bunions). I can always turn it into a pillow slip like I originally intended.

Spent the morning at the communtiy garden. I used my birthday money to join. I joined to meet fellow gardeners and to learn from others. Today I learnt that they successfully mulch over thick layers of newspaper, that where I went wrong. The rotten kikuya grass just grows through the mulch we have there at the moment, I need some newpaper action. I came home with a bag of organic vegetables after having worked a bit seiving soil & mulching up scraps for the compost. I feel richer already.

I may redo some of the mulched areas here, even though the house is for sale, I need the practice. I can do it for my own pleasure and experience.


Very tired tonight after a poor sleep and some physical labor, though not too intense.

Happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment