Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm on the road to nowhere!

I feel like I am on the road to nowhere at the moment. We have had zero interest in our house and I keep wondering if it is good timing. I don't know.
I do know we have an open for inspection this weekend, maybe something will ome of that.


Meanwhile I am doing my best with the budget & keep trimming expenses where I can.
Last week I switched health insurers, saving a whopping $60 a month! How about that!
I also wrote to cancel a life policy and they acted promptly, not taking 30 days as expected.

Since we realised we were spending too much we have cut spending on;
private shooling, shoes, food, all insurances (car, home, health), changed accountant, DH moved to a cheaper golf course, cut Zumba, limited childrens extra cirricular activities & spent less on gifts!

We have been following Dave Ramseys babysteps and ae up to Number 3, putting aside 3-6 months of living expenses. I have never had a financial plan before & the focus it has given me has been the impetus behind every change we have made.

So far the hardest change has been moving our son from his Christian School, he loved that school.
He is doing well & seems pretty happy at public school, but it was rough on this mothers heart.

So the going seems tough at the moment, and I feel like I am on the road to nowhere but we have a plan and are making progress.

In the words of Billy Ocean, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment