Friday, July 8, 2011

Just buy less!

I read this money saving tip on a blog, and they said it works...in most situations.

"Just buy less"

I am not a shopper but at times I just seem to buy 'stuff', I don't come home with useful life enhancing purchses. Just stuff. I think I can benefit if I can keep this in miind. Perhps 'mindful shopping' would be a more apt term for me. I am sure I couls spend money in life enriching ways, rather than just fritter away like I have done in the past. I pulled DH up on this last weekend when the kids came home from a 9am swimming lessons with hot dogs! It was less than $5 but totally unnecessary. He has bought them footy cards too. At $3 a pack that is no value at all. They glance at them & then leave them kicking around the house & end up giving them away, that is frittering money away!

Today, on my way to get a free local paper, I saw a shop closing sign & went in thinking it was a cheap shop. Itt was a party shop. I did get a gift for a party tomorrow, some fancy gift bags & an awesome pinata for DS5's upcoming party. I didn't really need any of that stuff but it will get used. The gift will be given tomorrow. The gift bags will be used slowly, they are fancy grey/silver ones that I can dress up home made gifts with. And the Pinata will make a little boys day later next month. All for less than $20, that was a good buy I think.

Today I talked to DH about my stress over 'having' to get a job & he said 'just go with the flow'! Phew. Did 5 loads of washing, even though it is bitterly cold here. Some of it even dried on the line, the rest is still on the racks under the heating vents. Changed my bed sheets & doona cover (hence the washing). Sat in the library & read (The Tightwad Gazette) while the boys played free wii, gotta love the library! Enjoyed 'family feast night', having placemats, cloth napkins and sweet drink for all. It was so fancy having orange jelly for dessert and lime soft drink from a wine glass!

Enjoyed a good day.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment