Sunday, July 3, 2011

menu planning miracles

I did the food shoppinf today instead on Monday as we are going out as a family tomorrow. I did a menu plan and checked the food supply before I went & miracle of miracles! I spent a lot less. I will need to buy more milk later in the week, but I have the menu on the fridge and all the food there to make it up. I love menu planning.

I think I am getting gazelle intense as I can feel the extra dollars being squeezed out otf the budget.

Today I; made up Molly's stew using all the frozen scraps. I got online & checked the prices of activity ideas before we got there (haven't done that before). I want for a walk when I was cold & cross with DH. I jogged down one section of dirt road to really warm up and shift my focus. I told DS5 he can have sandwiches or toast rather than endless bickies, bread is $1 a loaf at the moment. I got a whole chook at $3.99 a kilo and bought a large pice of beef to make my own mince rather than eat crap steak or pay rop price for unpleasant mince. I mince some budget steak & the patties just tasted like steak, I love it!
I also got out & read the mortgage agreement & discovered the exit fee is $1200 but we may have to pay broker fees too.

Today I am feeling motivated and encouraged with our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment