Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Take away food!

Today I treated the little boys to lunch out!

They had a $20 budget, which I thought was ample as they are 5 & 7!

Their food was $6.40 but the drinks, WOW, were $7.60. I was flabbergasted and felt like I had been living elsewhere for years, decades even. I can't recall the last time I bought them food & drink out, we so seldom do it ithese days.

Then my year old wanted sauce with his chips & by the time he had how much he wanted it was $1.20's worth of sauce. Even ice creams were cheaper than them drinks!

They did really appreciate it, well DS5 said "Thankyou, that was great!".

When we used to spend like money was going out of fashion, he would not have been so appreciative. I read about it when i got home in the Tightwad Gazette, she (Amy Dacyczyn) called it "Creative Deprivation". Each time a want is catered to it then takes more to satisfy each time. A period of deprivation leads to one being grateful again, even for small things. She even suggests we try it on ourselves.

Very interesting!

Todays wrap up!!
Today I went to the library while the boys were at sculpture, I also went to the supermarket where I knew chocolate was on special to buy some. It was but the specific one I wanted was not to be seen. So I stood there wondering what to do. I looked at another brand, but it was flavoured & had dairy & soy that I didn't really want to ingest. So I looked at the ones I usually buy, then I moved the top one and 'tada' the one I usually buy was hidden behind one block of chocolate. Celebration time! I found it!..then I ate it & took the rest home. YUM, I do like it but it gives me heartburn.

So I spent about $20 on boys, and some of my money & got chocolate & a nice leather belt, $4.

I also found an original still life painting for $15. I had asked for local art for my birthday & after browsing some galleries on Sunday with DH I came home & read in the tightwad gazette about making your own art. Yeah, I didn't want to pay lots of money but I did want an origianl still life painting, and hopefully it will still be in the op shop tomorrow when DH & DS7 go there tomorrow. I did think op shops were my best bet! Yee Ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment