Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Selling our house

After firmly deciding we wanted to reduce our mortgage we have listed our house for sale.

We engaged a number of local agents. Taking the best offered price to the best presenting company, and they accepted! We have a top quality agent for a flat rate fee. Very good.

I rang the mortgage broker to see what we had to do and it turns out our mortgage is portable. Meaning we have pre approved finance as we are downsizing and that there is no early exit fee to pay (as we won't be exiting). How good is that? If we dont find somewhere to move to that lines up we can put a term deposit in with them & keep our mortgage open, then buy.
It is all new ideas to me but it is good news, I think, especially for the bank.

My grocery bill was under $200 this week. I am planning on starting a price book as suggested in the Tightwad Gazette, it is such a good idea. May take a while to get it all working properly, but that sure will help me spot a real bargain! I shall continue to keep a watchful eye on spending in this process so we are getting the most out of our dollars that we can.

Happy saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment