Monday, July 18, 2011

Yesterday!

I neglected to post yesterday, doesn't matter I can do it today!

yesterday I did the grocery shopping & even with a little bit of stockpiling on specials I still spent under $250! I am amazed as I was always spending $300 not that long ago & I think prices have gone up! We are still eating the same and the cupboards are just as full, so what happened?

I got smarter & only buy what we need, being a mindful NOT to add extra items to the trolley, that has helped.
Using up what is in the pantry & garden. I have been eating a lot more silver beet & even started to eat the stems as they are good for food too. So that is a small saving. I have been mindful not to over do the vegetables as I can just fo crazy on the at times, this has saved us money!

I have told the kids to eat more toast and sandwiches, as bread is cheap! This has saved us money too. Our chooks are laying well, that helps, and I have cut way down on my coffe & choclate consumption. I actually bought my own chocolate yesterday, making sure to get it on special. Coffee is expensive, I was buying a pack of decaf a week at one stage, I drink more hot/warm water these days & I like it.

I read in the tightwad gazette about "The Art of Negotiation" last night. I am thinking i could do this a whole lot more & have a go (as it suggets) at teaching it to my kids. I have actually tried to teach them before but the didn't grasp it, I think my method was lacking not their intelligence!
Kids can benefit from learning this early I believe, so I shall try again & use the book method this time!

I'll see how it goes.


Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment